Now in its 9th year, the NYC Special Education Collaborative’s Annual Education Conference convenes educators from across NYC to engage with and learn from national experts. Our speakers will inspire and challenge educators to reimagine education through the lens of equity and inclusion for all students. Join experts to discuss topics like critical listening and counter storytelling, multicultural education, and improving pedagogy in urban education.
Check out the full agenda HERE
- Morning Moderated Q&A: Ibtihaj Muhammad
- Choose Your Own Adventure – meet Ibtihaj, attend an educator mindfulness activity, network in roles similar to your own, or observe student artwork from two NYC charter schools
- Afternoon Keynote: Clint Smith, “Restorative Justice”
- Morning Keynote: Dr. Chris Emdin, “Towards Recovery & Discovery in Urban
Education: Reboot, Retool, Reclaim”
- Afternoon Breakout Session Choices:
Members, please see the below pass allotment, based on membership level. One pass covers one day for one person. Member overages are $325/ pass.
- Premier – 10 passes
- Enhanced – 6 passes
- Core – 3 passes
- Select – 2 passes
Cancellation Policy: You will receive a full refund for a cancellation notice received (email info@NYCsped.org) by May 31, 2019. For cancellations received after May 31, you must send a substitute attendee.