According to a significant body of research, our mindsets can have a critical impact on our daily outcomes at school. In a fixed-mindset culture, the focus is on judging, blaming, and outperforming. In a growth-mindset culture, the focus is on developing, learning, improving, and empowering students to achieve at their highest levels. So, how can you foster a growth-mindset culture in your classroom and school? In this full-day session, Annie Brock, co-author of the bestselling book The Growth Mindset Coach, will deliver valuable information about the mindsets, offer proven strategies for fostering a growth-mindset culture, and help educators build skills for using daily mindset practices in their classroom, school, and beyond.
Attendees of this session can plan to leave with:
- information about the mindsets and the science behind the brain’s ability to learn and grow throughout our lifetimes
- usable strategies for teaching growth mindset to students
- tips for fostering a growth mindset culture in your classroom and school, including how strategies for mistakes and failure and creating a shame-aware classroom
- exploration of skills that support mindset, including metacognition, dedicated practice, and powerful study skills
- strategies for giving praise and feedback in a way that fosters growth mindset
Presenter: Annie Brock