This workshop aims at educating the key school personnel/teams on the fundamentals of understanding suicide. Participants will begin to understand suicide as a youth epidemic and a crisis, learn how to identify and talk to at-risk students, learn how to discuss suicide with families and other staff to de-escalate, develop a multi-tiered approach to assessment and management, and discuss/begin foundational planning for suicide safety in their schools.
It is recommended to attend with a colleague and/or school leader. Continuing Education credits will be available for counselors and social workers.
By attending this session, attendees will…
- Understand suicide as youth epidemic and a crisis
- Learn how to identify and talk to at risk students
- How to discuss suicide with families and other staff to deescalate
- Develop a multi tier/layered approach to assessment and management
- Discuss/begin foundational work for suicide safety in their schools
Presenter: Dr. Mansour (Max) Banilivy