Boost your students’ literacy skills in a way that’s as powerful as it is fun!
This training is geared for those who work with general ed. students in grades PreK – 2, as well as those working with struggling students of all ages, including teens and adults and those learning English as a second language.
Lively Letters (training phonemic awareness, phonics, and speech production) and Sight Words You Can See (training phonetically irregular sight words) have been shown to quickly close achievement gaps for the development of reading and spelling.
What Participants can expect:
Practical, research-based program strategies with direct instruction
– Hands-on practice
– Video demonstrations and music
– Ample opportunities to ask questions
– A substantial handout.
– Delivered in an engaging, easy-going manner with a sense of humor, this training is enjoyed by all participants
Note that this is a training in the AIS strand. Collaborative members receive a discount based on their membership level. Below we’ve outlined the relevant pricing information:
• Premier Schools – $185.00 per person
• Enhanced Schools – $197.00 per person
• Core Schools – $208.00 per person
• Select Schools – $220.00 per person
• Non-Members – $232.00 per person
By attending this session, attendees will leave with strategies for improving phonemic awareness, articulation, and phonics skills at the isolated letter to multi-syllable word levels. They will also leave with tips for troubleshooting, mnemonic tricks for dividing multi-syllable words, and skills for training phonetically irregular sight words.
Presenters: Penny Castagnozzi & Nancy Telian