Website Harlem Children's Zone
Harlem Children’s Zone (HCZ) Promise Academy – a top-performing K-12 charter school within HCZ’s cradle-to-career pathway of comprehensive services – seeks Special Education Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year!
The Special Education Teacher will bring a passion for the mission of HCZ Promise Academy: to get all our scholars to and through college. The ideal candidate cares deeply about children, respects the culture of Harlem’s residents, and is eager to make an impact in Harlem and beyond.
For more information, check out Want to Work at Promise Academy? Here’s 7 Things You Need to Know.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years teaching experience is required
- New York State Teaching Certification for Students with Disabilities Grades 1-6 and/or 7-12 relevant certification required
Who you are:
- Dedication and commitment to the mission of HCZ Promise Academy
- 2 – 5 years of teaching experience in an urban school setting is desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What you’ll do:
- Provide Special Education Teacher Support Services (SETSS) using a push-in or pull-out model.
- Review IEP-related documents to develop appropriate goals and objectives for each student
- Collaborate with general education teachers regarding the educational, social, emotional, and physical needs of each student
- Plan, develop, and implement individualized learning plans for each student
- Prepare instructional materials and lesson plans according to Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Review IEPs with parents, school administration, and general education teachers
- Monitor, evaluate, and document each student’s progress utilizing appropriate measurements and assessment devices
- Maintain and communicate high academic and personal expectations for all students
- Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects, and cooperative work to engage students, keep classes focused, and infuse a lasting desire to learn
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline, and refuse to tolerate classroom disruptions
- Meet designated deadlines for completing Teacher Reports, IEPs, parent phone calls, and other time-sensitive tasks
- Develop and use a variety of assessments (e.g., exams, written work, and public performances) that frequently measure student progress toward the school’s content and skill standards
- Develop clear evaluation criteria and distribute them to students prior to assignments
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Share responsibility for the grade level and school-wide activities
- Opportunity to work Saturdays during test prep season – additional compensation provided
- Monday – Friday, work hours 7:40 am – 4:00 pm
To achieve these exceptional outcomes, we hire the best and brightest educators and administrators and offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry. We believe they earn it and deserve it.
Our exceptional benefits include:
- Highly competitive base salaries
- Up to $30,000 Student Loan Forgiveness
- $6,000 sign on bonus after 60 days of employment
- Paid time off
- Employee referral bonus
- Career advancement
- No-cost health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-and long-term disability
- Legal Insurance
- Wellness discounts
- Commuter benefits
- Financial wellness perks
- Additional Benefits (Discounts on flights, hotels, theme parks, concert tickets, and more.)
- The salary range for incoming teachers is $67,000 to $100,000+. Incoming teacher salaries are determined based on their number of years of experience as a lead teacher, level of education (bachelor’s, or master’s degree), and certification. We offer a $6,000 signing bonus (after 60 days of employment) and highly competitive salaries with generous performance-based bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package, and a low student-teacher ratio
In addition, we provide our teachers with the resources they need to be successful. You will receive a personal laptop, Smartboards, and tablets; bi-weekly professional development; and the support of a team of academic coaches, deans, guidance counselors, and social workers who are committed to ensuring the success of all our scholars.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.