Website National Heritage Academies
Located in Brooklyn, NY, Brooklyn Dreams Charter School has achieved above average academic growth on the state test. Opening our doors in 2011 and serving students K-8, we create endless opportunities for our students to become their best. We inspire our students to excel academically and think creatively to reach their full potential. Our dedicated teachers help students apply critical-thinking skills to solve real-world problems. We build kids of character through our moral focus program. As a result, students are prepared to tackle 21st century challenges and excel in high school, college, and beyond.
For more information on Brooklyn Dreams Charter School click http://www.brooklyndreamscharterschool.org.
- You can make a difference by directly impacting the life of a student.
- You will receive regular coaching and development opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- You will have access to resources, including support from our curriculum and instruction team, credentialing team, and the school leadership team.
- Benefit eligibility dependent on full or part-time status: medical, dental, vison, company-matched retirement plan and tuition reimbursement.
- Compensation above market while on assignment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel and experience NHA’s instructional program throughout our network of schools – willing to make a one-year commitment to the program and be willing to fulfill any placement. Placements may be for the entire school year or multiple assignments in multiple locations depending on school need.
- Strong classroom management and the ability to build quick rapport with all scholars.
- Maintain a focus on culture, planning, teaching, and assessments.
- Must hold a valid teacher license or meet alternative requirements in the state you are applying.
- 5+ years of teaching experience.
- Experience working in an urban environment and/or with at-risk students, preferred.
National Heritage Academies (NHA) partners with communities to build and operate public charter schools. Founded in 1995, today NHA has over 100 schools in nine states, serving more than 60,000 students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Our schools are designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in college, career, and life. In fact, a majority of our schools consistently outperform their local district on the state test. According to the Center for Research Outcomes at Stanford University, NHA is a leading performer among charter schools and management organizations, outperforming both conventional district schools and other charter school operators. In addition, according to our employee survey, over 90% of respondents agree that the work they do is meaningful to them. Join us. Together we impact a life.
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
$77,000.00 to $146,000.00 / year is the pay range for this role. Pay determination is based on experience, education, internal equity, and market as defined by NHA.
To apply for this job please visit fa-eotc-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.